• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express issues I'm having..

Reaction score
Hey guys, near here --
Quick question though.. Would appreciate anyone who could help me out here..

I am starting to get really interested in video editing and am running on Final Cut Express on my 27" iMac 3.06 Ghz processor i7. It's a very fast computer, and I use it for recording on Pro Tools.

I've been having a problem for the past couple of months however.. I seem to have to render more than I should and it takes a very long time.. For example, just by simply dragging a raw video clip onto my timeline, no FX added or anything to it, I have to render it? Also, whenever one of my video clips overshadows another video clip, it asks me to render AGAIN. Then when I render the video clip, let's say it's a 30 second video clip, it will take 5 minutes to render.. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Anything you guys suggest I do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.