Mac OS X Install DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.6.8 - 2GB RAM
Hello!

I currently own a MacBook with 2G of RAM installed (Not sure if that is relevant but just in case) and it is running Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I was told once that I can reset it to factory settings and all if I just run the Install DVD again, however, for some reason it always says "Mac OS X Snow Leopard cannot be installed on this computer" I have also tried using the DVD by restarting the computer while holding the "alt/option" key but I get the same message. If anyone knows the answer to my problem, or has any ideas on what to try, please post!!!

Thanks in advance,
Piero

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
The dvd you have is a rebuild disk, and is not for that particular macbook. (it's also grey isn't it?)

Did you happen to buy it on ebay/craigslist/otherwise used?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea!

It is actually from my iMac, and it is in fact grey. I was not able to find a DVD that came with my MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Although this was a bit dissapointing to me, I appreciate all your help Mike!

Thanks,
Piero

Reaction score
I have an imac g3. I was running mac os x 10.3.9 and I accidently changed my start up disk to mac os 8.9. I opened start up disk and my mac os x start up disk is not avalible. Dose any one have any ideas how to get back to os x?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have an imac g3. I was running mac os x 10.3.9 and I accidently changed my start up disk to mac os 8.9.

Sorry...but there is no Mac OS 8.9.

But in any case...there's a control panel called "Startup Disk". If you have more than one OS version installed on your G3 iMac...open "Startup Disk"...then select OS 10.3.9.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.