Airport express/extreme wireless connection to peripherals

Reaction score
This is going to be an incredibly nooby question, but here's my confusion. My Linksys router died. I've looked around and figure I'll try a refurb Airport Extreme. I've read all the bumph on what it can do. And here's the question I'm almost embarrassed to ask. I get that the airport has to be connected to my modem with an ethernet cable. But that anchors the airport and its usb ports to wherever I have a cable outlet for the modem (which will be the one behind my TV). So how do you use the other peripherals like speakers or printers or whatever? I've got a desktop PC that's connected to my printer and PC has a Dlink wireless router (the little jump drive thingie--you see my problem, little technical vocabulary--) that used to connect to my Linksys router before it died. So, from the bumph it sounds marvellous that I can run computers, speakers, printers and who knows what else off the airport--my vacuum for all I know--but how do each one of those items connect to the airport? Until RIP of Linksys, my macbook, PC and iPhone ran off the Linksys and a tablet is on its way which I hope will seamlessly connect to the airport extreme when it arrives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.