Virtual PC for Mac: Can I play Counter Strike?

Reaction score
Im sorry, im possibly soon gonna switch to Mac and i wanted to know if i could play Counter Strike or Counter Strike Source on a Mac using Virtual PC for Mac 7? If i could that would be the selling point for me to get a Mac. Second, have any of you tried this? If so tell me how it is. Are there any compatibilty issues? I would appreciat all your info. Thanks! :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I don't know anything about counterstrike or what kind of game it is, but generally speaking Virtual PC does not emulate x86 fast enough for games.

That said maybe someone else in the forum has actually tried this and can tell you wether it works or not.

T

Tiranis

AFAIK, Virtual PC doesn't support 3D so you won't be able to play Counter Strike. (I may be wrong though.) In any case there's still the speed problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No you can't. VPC doesn't support 3d rendering, so games will look like crap

Reaction score
Yes, they will look like a bag of poo. Best thing to do is look for Mac alternatives to counter strike. Most of the best games do get ported to Macs, eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
how 3D does it have to be to make it not work. I was going to get virtual PC to run C&C Tiberian Sun. Will it screw that up. I't really not that 3D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
try americas army

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Don't expect to play any game over virtual pc unless it's like minesweeper or solitaire. The emulation of windows runs at something like 1/10th of the host computer's equivalent mac speed, so it is very slow.

For multiplayer games, there are several good alternatives on mac. I play the Medal of Honors quite a bit, and Wolfenstein ET is also good.

Command and Conquer: Generals is available for mac, so you could try that. (the 2n d poster who asked)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.