iTunes help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - iPhone 5
"Do you want the application "iTunes.app" to accept incoming network connections?"

I can't tell you how many times I've clicked YES on this mother. I've been to Security preferences more times than THAT, and still this god blessed window pops up. I've ensured time and time again that iTunes is allowed connections in my security panel. What am I doing wrong??? I know it's just a matter of clicking ALLOW, but it shouldn't be there and no other program does this and I want to learn how to get rid of it once and for all.

HELP, s'il vous plait.
:Shouting:;D

Screen Shot 2012-01-15 at 12.16.59 AM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. (This one.)

Now to answer your question: Turn off your firewall. If you're using a router, it's probably equipped with NAT (all modern routers are) which protects you from any incoming nasties anyway.

If you don't feel secure by turning it off, you may have to live with the iTunes pop ups. But make sure iTunes is showing up in the "allow" column of your firewall advanced options.

OP
RauschIt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - iPhone 5
I still don't know how I swore, but sorries.

Turning it off permanently can't be good, right? But this NAT business will still protect me? Maybe I'll live with the silly window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.