iOS5 upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac | iPod nano | iPhone 4
I have an iPhone 4 and love it, but I was thinking about downloading the new iOS5, with that being said some of the guys I work with have done this but they are saying that the battery life is not as good with the iOS5 as it was with the original os when they got their iPhone 4. I really don't want to download the new operating system if it is going to kill battery life. Any comments or information on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.66Ghz CPU, 2Gb ram, 80 Gb HDD, 10.6
Unsure what is like on the iPhone 4 as I have the 3GS, but it made the phone a lot better and run smoother. I have though spoken to one of my mates and he said he thought the upgrade to IOS5 on his iPhone four was amazing.

Hope this helps.

C

chas_m

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 and have not noticed any significant change in battery life, though we should bear in mind that iOS 5 does make greater use of location services and so COULD use up marginally more battery than before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.66Ghz CPU, 2Gb ram, 80 Gb HDD, 10.6
The overall features it adds to the phone make it a better system to use. You also have to bear in mind how much you use the phone.

Reaction score
I changed the settings of receiving emails every 5 minutes to manually. I can now go for 4-5 days without charging my phone. The features of iOS 5 definitely made worth the upgrade. Id' go for it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.