I am hoping this is a Software Issue that can be fixed?

Reaction score
I read were bobolu is having problems with Firefox crashing. I have that issue too, but I also have a couple of other issues

1- Firefox is crashing!

2- When I try to watch a video online I don't get the box for the video to play in. I can hear the audio from the video and I can see all the print and pics around where the video box should be but the background is white where the video box should be. I can play a DVD and the play back is great.

3- The little scroll button on the mouse allows me to scroll up and down and then all of a sudden it won't scroll down but it will still scroll up. It is intermittent.

Now this is my sisters 2008 24" Imac that had the HDD crap out on her. I replaced it and it works fine except for those 3 issues. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue or issues are? I would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Reaction score
Have you tried Google Chrome? I used FFox for a long time, but had too many little issues w/ it. GC seems to be more robust, but I am not a "power user". BTW: MY scroll button does the same crap now and then (rarely), and then 10 seconds later it is just fine.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you be more specific about the crashes? Do they happen on particular pages? What version of Firefox are you running?

If the video is Flash video, try re-installing Flash. That's the easy first step and may very well fix the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.