mail asking for passwords

Reaction score
I have seen several posts concerning this problem-even dating back to 2009. Every few minutes mac mail asking me for passwords to both of my mail accounts. Yes, I have them saved to keychain. I have tried all suggestions from other posts with no success. BUT in the meantime while changing things in keychain around, I changed the name of the computer from owner1 to my name. Now keychain wants password from owner1. I think I have all of keychain messed up. Yes, I did a repair but still happening. Is there a way I can erase/delete and start over? Oh yes, keychain locks every time I leave it. Please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you changed the name, did you set up a new user account in your name, and then trash the user1 account?

Think your best option now is a format of the hard drive and using your system disc, do a clean install and then update to current operating system which you have no shared with us.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thx. for the reply. I set up a new account and then deleted the owner1 account. I did not get system disk, but I did create a start up disk on an external drive. I also have parallel and windows 7 on this, so I would hate to format and start over. Computer came with Leopard, but I bought Lion from the apple store, so I don't have a disk from that either. Mail has not asked for password in the past hour, but now if I send a message I have to give password each time. Thx again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.