4s Video Format

Reaction score
My friend sent me a video from her Android in an email. It was .mp4 and it played fine on my 4s. I sent her a video back that id taken on my phone and she was un-able to play it as it was a .mov file?

I've been searching for an hour or so to find a way to make the iPhone save the videos I take as .mp4 instead, but everything I find seems to think iPhone already saves video as .mp4.

Very confused, can anyone shed any light?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My friend sent me a video from her Android in an email. It was .mp4 and it played fine on my 4s. I sent her a video back that id taken on my phone and she was un-able to play it as it was a .mov file?

I've been searching for an hour or so to find a way to make the iPhone save the videos I take as .mp4 instead, but everything I find seems to think iPhone already saves video as .mp4.

Very confused, can anyone shed any light?

Your friend needs a more capable media player on her phone.
how to play AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV and more on Android phone? - Android Forums

C

chas_m

Yeah, iOS owners have the benefit of a wider range of default video types than Android.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.