HELP! - I can't switch back to my mac OS!

Reaction score
I have made a stupid mistake by trying to run bootcamp without reading an instruction manual until after actually using it.
This is my problem; I have ran bootcamp assistant on my iMac (purchased just after this christmas) I seem to remember it being Lion 10.7.2 or something? Partitioned the Hd to 75gb for windows 7, found that I counldn't click 'next'. I then formatted the partition and continued, when I finally got onto windows I realised I needed to download all the drivers however I don't have an install CD with my iMac (maybe because it was ordered as a bundle?) I don't know how to get back to my original Mac OS and there is no bootcamp services in the control panel.
Thanks for reading and I really hope I can get this resolved.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i think I know where I might have gone wrong; would saving the windows support files to the Mac's HD affect anything, rather than installing it to an external device?

EDIT: I also cannot figure a way to get back to my mac OS, I've tried holding th alt key and when I checked on system preferences, disc storage there was no sign of my mac OS even though the partition for 300gb is still there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Give this a try

X during startup - Force Mac OS X startup

OP
R
Reaction score
Well I've given that a go and reached the 'windows boot manager'. However it's not giving me the option too start Mac OS, there is only the windows 7 operating system available!

Does this mean that I've somehow deleted the Mac OS from my iMac? and if so how can I get it back?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's try this first:

Reset your PRAM. Now try rebooting and holding down the option key after the chime sounds. You should see three options: Your MacIntosh HD, Recovery, Windows 7. Do you see all three? If not, what do you see?

If you at least see Recovery, try booting to the Recovery partition and run Disk Utility. Let us know what it tells you about the partitions and hard drive.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you for the help!
After resetting my PRAM the mac OS just turned on, I don't know what happened but thank you!
However is this just a temporary measure?
I'm going to now follow the stes provided earlier that you provided on another thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.