iPad harddrive full but nt much has been downloaded

Reaction score
Hi, I just upgraded my ipad to the 5.0.1 os and my iPad now says my hard drive is near full (99% full). I was wondering if the new os and iCloud are storage hogs? I have a 32gb iPad and I only have 4gb of video and 150mb of apps/music installed so im not certain where the storage went. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Can you post a screenshot of your About tab, under the settings menu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try restarting the ipad if that doesnt work then restore it using itunes.

C

chas_m

Hi, I just upgraded my ipad to the 5.0.1 os and my iPad now says my hard drive is near full (99% full).

If you are getting this message and it says "hard drive," it is referring to your Mac or PC. iPads don't have hard drives.

I was wondering if the new os and iCloud are storage hogs? I have a 32gb iPad and I only have 4gb of video and 150mb of apps/music installed so im not certain where the storage went. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Plugging the iPad into iTunes provides a table that shows where the space is being allocated and what's taking up space. To answer your question, no iOS 5 and "iCloud" are not taking up any increased space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Go to Settings - General - Usage and wait for a few seconds.

You'll get a list of all your applications and how much space they occupy.

You can use this list to 'hunt down' what's hogging your space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.