apple tv or Roku 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I was wondering if any apple tv experts could point out some benefits of apple tv over roku 2. roku 2 on amazon has over 700 feedback of 5 stars. so it seems like a worthy competitor of apple tv. although they both connect to the web roku doesnt mention if it has a built in web browser. I think apple tv does. They are both the same price I just cant figure out which is better, this is roku.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CLPP84/?tag=macforums0e4-20

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Spanner time. Have a look at the Netgear NEOTV 550 as well.

Reaction score
I currently have a roku 2 and it is nice but I am getting a apple tv to replace it for the fact that it's main movie buying service is amazon which you can rent movies in HD but you cannot buy movies in HD. I am going to pick up my apple tv tomorrow at the local Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Dgrier, if you will wait until March 7 there may be a ATV 3 available. Speculation is that it might be announced at the same time that the iPad 3 is announced.

Reaction score
I'm voting for Roku, in particular for Roku 2 XS, it is the latest media streamer from the company. I've just got mine fom Amazon. Very good quality, exellent performance, what else to say, read this review at MyDigitalDevice.com

Reaction score
I have had a roku for about 4 years now and it streams netflix tv/movies in HD as well as rentals from amazon, have never had a problem with it. Just wonder how long they last???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.