Color Calibration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Is there any way I can copy the color calibration settings of my iMac to my Powerbook? I find I'm not skilled enough to calibrate the display on the Powerbook manually to match the iMac. I can see the color profile, which lists all the values set for the iMac as well as on the Powerbook, but it doesn't seem like I can just go in and manually type in the numbers to change the values. Is there any way to do that? Is this description even good enough for you guys to understand what I'm talking about? BAH!

Reaction score
You can copy the icc profile from the one system to the other. They can be found in your library folder with this path - iMac G5(or Powerbook/main harddrive)/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/- However because the monitor is different you will probably find that the results will be different so they will not look the same.

Calibrating the monitor manually is the best option. This can be done in preferences/Displays/ click on the colour tab and then calibrate. Then just place the powerbook next to the imac, be a good idea to have the same desktop picture and just fiddle with the settings until your happy with the result. :cool:

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Mr Bobbins said:
You can copy the icc profile from the one system to the other. They can be found in your library folder with this path - iMac G5(or Powerbook/main harddrive)/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/- However because the monitor is different you will probably find that the results will be different so they will not look the same.

Calibrating the monitor manually is the best option. This can be done in preferences/Displays/ click on the colour tab and then calibrate. Then just place the powerbook next to the imac, be a good idea to have the same desktop picture and just fiddle with the settings until your happy with the result. :cool:

I copied the icc profile to the powerbook, but how do i get the powerbook to recognize and put the iMac icc profile in use? when i go to the COLOR option in DISPLAY it doesn't list the iMac icc profile.

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe the icc profile is in the wrong place or not readable. Is it in the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays folder ?. Check the permissions on the file as well by clicking on the file and going to file/get info in the finder. look at the ownership & permissions tab and make sure that it's read & write.

Reboot the computer and see if it shows up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.