Backing up external drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15 in MBP, 2.2 i7, 8 GB RAM; iPhone 4; iPad 2 16GB, AT&T
I am using time capsule to back up my mac but looking for an easy program to back up external drives. i have a large collection of movies and have had some external drive failures in the past. For now just doing copy to do it but looking for something more intuitive

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
One way to backup an external drive is to purchase another external drive to backup to. You can use cloning software for ease of backup. Both Carbon Copy Cloner and SuperDuper are ideal for that.

Or buy a Blue Ray burner and a stack of Blue Ray disks. A bit expensive perhaps but a good way to backup those precious photos and movies.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15 in MBP, 2.2 i7, 8 GB RAM; iPhone 4; iPad 2 16GB, AT&T
Thanks. Carbon Copy looks like it will do what i want. I already have a few portable and powered hard disks that I can use for the process

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
Hopefully you already have some spare drives. the cost of hard drives has skyrocked because of the flooding overseas. drives once 89 dollars are now 169. sucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.