Darn iPod, looks like it's broke!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook, 1.7 G4, 10.3.6
Guy's,

I have the very old 10g iPod, It may even be the first oen that came out and I'm always careful to eject it correctly but this morning....all my songs are gone! Just empty...mad thing is it stills ays only 2 gigs left (which is what i had left anyway). So it's acting liie maybe the songs are still on there. Last week I updated my iPod with an newer "iPod updater" because iTunes wouldn't let me put my purchased Sheryl Crow songs onto it.

So I stick it in the Mac to see if I can do anything and the darn thing says I need to restore factory settings using an updater.

I guess it's just old and gone bad...

Anybody had this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Solution?

I just got an ipod mini 4gig, i was trying to set it up and everything, and it crapped out on me, had a big Folder icon on it. so after trying a few pc's i finnally got it to re-install the original factory update. If your switching from PC to MAC then yes all your stuff will be erased and you will have to reload the factory software to be able to format to Win/Mac vice versa. Stinks, but if u have a mac, use the mac, or pc...you get my point? Ive found out after so much useage on these ipods just have to start over from scratch adn update the software on them..... Ive read alot in www.ipodgarage.com and the other ipod forums. everyone has to after like 3-4months redo their ipod to keep it fresh w/o problems.

OP
peter_delane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook, 1.7 G4, 10.3.6
Yeah I get what you're saying. I'm a Mac only user when it comes to iPod but I just bit the bullet and restored factory settings. I guess the main thing is to just make sure you have a backup of music files incase you ever need to "refresh".

I got over a years worth of playing before a problem.

Thanks,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.