iPod not recognized

B

biblical_fury

I've been having some problems with my iPod lately and I would greatly appreciate any help.

I have a 3rd generation 15GB iPod and a G4 iBook. Both are a little over a year and half old. A few months back, I started having trouble updating my iPod. I would plug it into the firewire port and get the "Do Not Disconnect" message on the iPod, but nothing would show up on the computer. If I would restart my computer and/or reconnect the iPod a few times, I could get it to be recognized.

Over time, it became harder and harder to get things to work. I updated the iPod and itunes software, but nothing changed. Last week, it stopped recognizing the iPod at all and I was getting a message on the computer that there was a drive connected that the computer couldn't recognize. I updated to the newest version of itunes and I now don't even get that error message.

The firewire port isn't the problem, as I have a firewire DVD burner that works fine. I purchased a new cable for the ipod, but that had no effect. The iPod plays and charges fine.

I'm stumped as far as what to try from here on out. Thanks in advance for the help~!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.