lacie safe not recognised in Lion

Reaction score
Upgraded to lion on my iMac & macbook pro thinking all my software was up to date.

However I found my Lacie Safe would only be recognised when I started the mac in 32bit.

Did so and spent hours taking off 500G + to another drive and , following instructions on lacie site, formatted the drive; downloaded software and ........drive not recognised at all, either in 64 bit or 32 bit!!!!

Thought maybe the cables, so connected with usb2 instead of FW800 - no difference.

Is this drive now trash - or can I get it out and put it in another enclosure......

its a biometric drive (didn't realise when bought it & don't need that feature)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Evidently the driver for the biometrics feature is 32-bit only. I would try their website to see if they have an updated driver for it.

OP
A
Reaction score
yes-did that. Did all they told me (including formatting it when I COULD see it when in 32bit) and, when I went to the support page, downloading new software. Now I can't see it even in 32bit.
Tried using usb 2 cables in case the FW800 was playing up.............no difference

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.