Starting out as a programmer :)

Reaction score
I know you have probably read lots of these threads but I wish to which out of these two books you would recommend.

iPhone and iPad Apps for Absolute Beginners, iOS 5 Edition - Apple/Mac

Objective-C for Absolute Beginners - Objective-C - Apple/Mac

I currently have this one, was looking at programming for Mac but realised it wasn't really my thing and I didn't have interested in it. Although I use my iPhone/iPad everyday and would love to be able to do more then just use apps already made.

Learn Objective-C on the Mac

If there are any other good books you recommend please do, but I like the style the Apress authors have.

Reaction score
If you have no knowledge of programming whatsoever, I would recommend to stay away from C/C++/Objective C/C# and try something like python instead.

I haven't read these books or any other with iOS development (i'm new to the mac world), so not going to comment on these two books. But when you'll get better in programming, I would recommend obtaining a "Refactoring" by Fowler and "Design Patterns" by the Gang Of Four (GOF). These two books are not crash course into the developer's world, but they contain ideas of how to produce a better quality of code.

Reaction score
oh and the reason to stay away from C languages is that they're a bit difficult to learn as your first language (it is a general opinion).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.