mouse button double clicking?

J

Jonnex

hi,

Ive got a slight problem with my ibook mouse trackpad button. Often when i click once the action on screen is as if i had double clicked it. Ive realised using firefox on mac that there are more little shortcuts put in to some things on the OS to supposedly make it quicker, but some of them dont work well at all. (see firefox trackpad issues..) so that led me to think this could be a setting that i could change, especially as some of the single button mice on the macs we have at uni seem to do the same thing. is there an option i can check so that clicking the mouse only ever does a single click, or is this just a faulty button?
thanks in advance!
Jonny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White
This just started happening to me on my powerbook and its annoying the heck out of me. i'll accidently open files that i just want to select and stuff its really annoying.

OP
J

Jonnex

austing said:
This just started happening to me on my powerbook and its annoying the heck out of me. i'll accidently open files that i just want to select and stuff its really annoying.

i wonder if its just a sticky button..i seriously hope there's something you can change in the settings!! thing is, even when it acts like i double clicked it still definately sounds like the button clicked once.. any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White
yeh same here. also sometimes i click it won't click like on the comptuer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
have you guys checked under system preferences --->keyboard & mouse settings ---> trackpad ---> trackpad gestures ---> clicking (this button should be unchecked to prevent double clicking)

OP
J

Jonnex

BigBear said:
have you guys checked under system preferences --->keyboard & mouse settings ---> trackpad ---> trackpad gestures ---> clicking (this button should be unchecked to prevent double clicking)

thanks, good suggestion, but unfortunately it was already turned off on mine,meaning it must be a faulty button. oh well, i can live with it i suppose.
thanksf or your help and suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i quit using the track pad for clicking. it was way too sensitive and it is just as easy to click the button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.