Problems connecting to network in college on ibook G4

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about problems you may have trying to connect an iBook G4 running OS X panther to a network run using a 3com router?

The network uses MAC filtering and my account is set up, I have given in my MAC address etc. and it has been actvated but....

The iBook can not even see the network. I know there is wireless there because I tried it where there was alot of other laptops.

If I dont get it sorted out soon I'm considering throwing my iBook on ebay and buying a Windows laptop.... I have no choice.

All help appreciated

Thanks in advance

:eek:neye:

A

Axxis22

Go to ur tech department...

im sure there on some kind network that needs the settings changed.. look it up on ur schools site or ask..

I hacked my g/fs network easily. so its really not that hard.

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but is the wireless card installed properly. When i got mine it needed to be pushed in a little further before it would work.

Check if you can connect to other networks as well, is the prob confined to the college network, or is your airport card not working

Could be a simple fix...

OP
I
Reaction score
I can connect to any network except the college one.

The TECH department doesnt want to know at all!

.... Im running panther. I have all the updates but I wonder would upgrading to Tiger solve my problems???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If your iBook has an AP extreem card, make sure it is set for 802.11 B and G compatability....

OP
I
Reaction score
baggss said:
If your iBook has an AP extreem card, make sure it is set for 802.11 B and G compatability....

How do I do that??? I haven't got a clue!

Thanks

Shane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.