Locking an Image in Word 2011

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Is there a way to lock an image (digital signature) in Word 2011 which would prevent someone from moving it around or copying it? Thanks!

Kevin

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can password protect a Word file and that will keep someone from opening it, not copying or moving it though.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks. The problem is, they would like the form to be editable (information entered) so I guess if I were to create a form in Word, PDF it, all the content and images would be locked and the only fields that could be modified would be the open fields?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You won't be able to do anything to the picture that can't be undone by the recipient of the document unless you set up permissions which require certain versions of Office (I know the Academic version lets you do it). Now, I have no idea how to use the permissions features since it requires the authentication of some set of credentials that I don't understand so I'll leave that open for someone else to explain.

Admittedly, I'm not sure what will happen with form elements. Give it a try and see if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.