Macbook screen blue & fuzzy

Reaction score
I was playing ps3 and out of rage on a game hit my bed mattress and my mac was on it, i didn't hit the mac but the screen is messed up now, it looks like this....

if anyone can help that'd be great!

Mac - YouTube

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your System Preferences panel and check two things:

1. Open Displays and make sure your MacBook is set on its native resolution. In other words nothing has been changed.

2. Likewise, open Universal Access and check the setting there; specifically the viewing part.

If both are OK, try resetting the PRAM.

OP
A
Reaction score
Open your System Preferences panel and check two things:

1. Open Displays and make sure your MacBook is set on its native resolution. In other words nothing has been changed.

2. Likewise, open Universal Access and check the setting there; specifically the viewing part.

If both are OK, try resetting the PRAM.

None of that worked :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only other thing I can think of is something may have been jarred loose inside your MacBook when you thumped the mattress. Might be time to let Apple look at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
One thing you can try is to hit control shift eject on the machine. That will reset the display on the mac and perhaps clean up the problem. Not at all sure if that will work but its worth a shot and can't harm anything on your machine. And from one gamer to another make sure to keep everything breakable away from you while playing those first person shooters lol. And remember, throwing anything at your TV is NEVER worth it :p

OP
A
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is something may have been jarred loose inside your MacBook when you thumped the mattress. Might be time to let Apple look at it.

Yeah i'm booked in to see them tomorrow, do they charge just to open it up and look inside it for a loose connection?

i've took an iphone into the apple store genius bar before which a few buttons didn't work on and they just took it in the back, opened it up and fixed it for free, took about 2 minutes. So i'm hoping it's just a loose connection, they open it up there and then and fix it and i don't have to pay anything :D

i tried the ctrl-alt-eject and it didn't work, thanks though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It really depends like you said on what the problem is and how old your computer is. I took my MBP in and had the display replaced because of a couple dead pixels( i only noticed because i am beyond necrotic with my tech stuff) and they replaced it no problem for free. But that was covered by applecare. However if its a simple problem im sure if they charge you anything it can't be more then 50 bucks if its just a connection.

OP
A
Reaction score
It really depends like you said on what the problem is and how old your computer is. I took my MBP in and had the display replaced because of a couple dead pixels( i only noticed because i am beyond necrotic with my tech stuff) and they replaced it no problem for free. But that was covered by applecare. However if its a simple problem im sure if they charge you anything it can't be more then 50 bucks if its just a connection.

MacBook is late '06. No AppleCare :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was just thinking... Can you get a external monitor and connect it to see if that has the same issues? Then it would narrow it to an actual internal hardware issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.