imac g3 does not connect to wifi signal

Reaction score
Hello

I have an imac g3 with 10.4 tiger on it and I am trying to connect to the wireless network we have. When I try to connect to the wireless network which has no encryption at all the imac g3 says there was error connecting to the wireless network. Any tips on how could I connect to my wifi network? The wifi network is seen by the imac g3 however it can't connect to it for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
An iMac G3 can only connect to a "B" wireless signal. If you have a newer N router, it may only be broadcasting in a mixed N/G wireless signal, or may be broadcasting in N alone. Check your router setting to make sure it's compatible.

OP
Reaction score
Thanks macdude121. I can connect now to the internet without a problem. My router was sending the wifi signal in g only i changed it to b/g signal and my imac g3 connects fine to the signal.problem solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Thanks macdude121. I can connect now to the internet without a problem. My router was sending the wifi signal in g only i changed it to b/g signal and my imac g3 connects fine to the signal.problem solved.

Happy to help! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.