How to format my mac

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm selling mi mac (to buy a new one jeje) and i would like to get help from you guys; it's my first time selling a mac, so, what should i take into account? can i format it? put it back to it's fabric state? what about the licences (iwork, etc...)?

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks my friends

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If you want to sell it with the OS installed, and iWork etc, then you just need to make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork.
Bear in mind though, that you need to sell the discs with the Mac, and that you will need to provide the admin password to the new owner, so that he/she can change it to thier own.

OP
D
Reaction score
If you want to sell it with the OS installed, and iWork etc, then you just need to make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork.
Bear in mind though, that you need to sell the discs with the Mac, and that you will need to provide the admin password to the new owner, so that he/she can change it to thier own.

Thanks for your help,

What do you mean exactly with "make a clean install (not archive and install) of the OS, and likewise iWork." i have never installed mac OS

Many thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok. So you have your install disc for Leopard/Snow Leopard, yes?
If you insert it into your Mac, and reboot while holding down "C", you will bring up the installer screen.
When you start installing you can select whether to archive and install, to preserve your settings etc> or just make a clean install, which will wipe everthing, and basically start from scratch. You want to make a clean install.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok. So you have your install disc for Leopard/Snow Leopard, yes?
If you insert it into your Mac, and reboot while holding down "C", you will bring up the installer screen.
When you start installing you can select whether to archive and install, to preserve your settings etc> or just make a clean install, which will wipe everthing, and basically start from scratch. You want to make a clean install.

But if i make a clean install i will loose my licenses (iwork, vmware Fussion, etc..) right? i don't want to loose my licenses :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
But if i make a clean install i will loose my licenses (iwork, vmware Fussion, etc..) right? i don't want to loose my licenses :(

You still have the license keys right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.