Quote Reply Edit Delete Application failed codesign verification.

Reaction score
I'm trying to upload an application to the App Store, and I receive the following error:

Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an iPhone

I am using a Distribution Provisioning Profile.

I have a Distribution Certificate, but for some reason it's not associated with my key:

Screen+Shot+2012-01-12+at+7.13.40+PM.png

Therefore I'm not able to export a .p12 file from the Distribution Certificate in 'Keychain access'. When I export a p12 from the key in 'Keychain access', I'm assuming it's associating with the 'Developer Certificate' (rather than the Distribution Certificate) as this certificate does have an association with the key.

In a tutorial online, I've seen the Distribution Certificate appeared to be associated:

fig_24.jpg

So I believe I know why I'm receiving this error, but I don't understand why my Distribution Certificate isn't associated with the key, nor do I know how to connect them.

Can anyone help - Am I right in my assumption of why I'm receiving the error? If so, how do I connect the Distribution Certificate with the private key? If not, any other ideas why I'm receiving the error?

Cheers

Craig Grummitt

OP
C
Reaction score
ok it's all good now i think, i deleted my distribution certificate and re-created it and now it seems to be connected, don't know what happened with the other one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.