Building MacBook???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
Would it be possible to rebuilt a dead macbook pro by swapping in a i5 or i7 processor and a new motherboard? I was thinking of putting PC parts inside of the dead mac shell so i would be able to have the mac or more like hackintosh that I need for a lot less, while still maintaining the look of the mac and mac osx. Is this possible? The only computers like this I have seen were in PC cases.. THanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
First, no way can you do what you want to do.

Second, Hackintosh systems are against the rules here at Mac Forums to discuss and against both the EULA and DCMA copywrite. Phystar was put out of business for building mac clones.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I was thinking of putting PC parts inside of the dead mac shell so i would be able to have the mac or more like hackintosh that I need for a lot less, while still maintaining the look of the mac and mac osx.

We do not discuss "hackintosh's" on Mac-Forum's.

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.