Getting a Variety of Windows to Open on the RIGHT side of the Screen

Reaction score
I am using a MBP running 10.6.8...

For my work I need to open a LOT of documents a day and read them. A good 100 or so, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Mostly PDFs, Word Documents (multiple formats), Excel Documents (multiple formats), etc.

I have a certain system for opening them up and reading them, and this system would work best if the window they were contained in opened on the right side of my screen. As it stands, everything opens on the left side and I need to click and drag the window to the right.

Having the documents open in a window that is on the right multiplied by the 100+ documents a day is a major time and annoyance saver, but I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

Anyone care to give me some suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Intel Core i7 8GB 1067 MHz
i dont think there is an easy way to do it but i think what you need to do is the ones you want on the right if you click on the + button when it is on the right hand side of the screen then it should stay on that the next time you open it. but you would have to do this for every different software that you want on that side of the screen.

Do you have a separate screen? or you just got your mbp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There must be an app for that but I don't know one.

There is BetterSnapTool on the Mac App Store. That letters you assign a position to a hotkey so that would be a little better than dragging the window around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.