Attaching images to Mail

Reaction score
How can I attach an image file to an email so the size of the file is not reduced or compressed? Can you attach an image file so you don't see the image in the email just the attached file - as with a .doc or .pdf?

C

chas_m

You asked this and had it answered in another thread. Please do not duplicate post or cross-post.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi

There are several ways of attaching or enclosing images to an email.

You can, for instance, click on "Photo Browser", top right within your new message. This gives access to all your iPhoto and Aperture images any number of which can be dragged into the email. Having done so, you can select the size from small to large - bottom left of email. The largest has the least compression.

In both iPhoto and Aperture, you can, within these apps, Select "Export" and from the drop down menu, choose any degree of compression or none. "Export as Original" means no compression. You should export to the desktop and insert into email from there.

If your image(s) is/are somewhere else on your Mac, you can select them and drag or copy them into email.

Yes, you can attach images so you don't see them. By whatever method you choose for securing your images (as above), place them in a newly created Folder on your desktop and the attach the Folder. Only the Folder is seen.

Summarising all of the above, the sure way of avoiding compression is to Export from iPhoto/Aperture "As Original" to a new Folder on your desktop and attach to email in usual way.

I think that covers your questions. If not, come back.

Ian

OP
J
Reaction score
I followed your very clear directions and had a successful result - thanks muchly.

Tony

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.