I need help with conference call details...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 12gb iMac i5; iPhone 4s; 13.3" MacBook Air
When I am on the 4s with someone and another call comes in, it only gives me the option to "ignore" or "hold call + answer".(Verizon) My cousin's (AT&T) 4s gives him an additional option "end call + answer" which I desperately want. Because I can't end the current call, I end up with multiple calls every time...even when the initial person hangs up after I switch. Not sure if this uses double minutes. Also, another issue I have is when I'm on a conference call I cannot hang up with an individual caller. It only allows me to hang up with both at the same time. Again, my cousin's phone allows him to hit an arrow next to "conference" and select what he wants to do individually. I was wondering if there's a fix for this or if it's a difference between the two carriers. Very inconvenient for business when I have to hang up with both people and then tell the other one I'll call them back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

C

chas_m

To the best of my knowledge, your problems stem from Verizon's use of CDMA rather than GSM, and thus can't really be fixed until they change the system (or you change carriers).

The good news is that the 4S uses both chipsets which means that when you DO change carriers you won't have to buy a new iPhone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 12gb iMac i5; iPhone 4s; 13.3" MacBook Air
Thanks. I was afraid this was the issue...I didn't realize that would be an issue when I purchased it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.