Should I buy this MacBook pro?

Reaction score
We'll I have been looking for a MacBook pro for awhile not and came across this one on Craig's list:

Up for sale i have a great condition apple macbook pro 15"
its the newer unibody style that has silver body with BLACK keys just like the ones in stores
i still have the original box w/ charger cables as well
also can give a keyboard cover and a magic mouse too

specs are
2.4ghz
8gb ram
500gb hd

softwares
microsoft office 2011
adobe cs5
ilife 11
final cut pro

It is a model number A1286

In a text message he told me it was a 2.53ghz processor though. What do you guys think this laptop is worth? Any major problems with this model? Please let me know. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
What's the asking price? That's kind of a major factor in buying ... personally I think too many CL deals are wonky. I just picked up an outstanding deal on a MBP 15" from a seller on NBR, outstanding deal, clear communication, etc.

OP
G
Reaction score
What's the asking price? That's kind of a major factor in buying ... personally I think too many CL deals are wonky. I just picked up an outstanding deal on a MBP 15" from a seller on NBR, outstanding deal, clear communication, etc.

He's asking 1200. That's why I asked what it is worth because I do not know what it should be going for. What is NBR?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
He's asking 1200. That's why I asked what it is worth because I do not know what it should be going for. What is NBR?

No way...too much! Like "JimboMac" mentioned...why pay $1200 for something older...when you can get something newer from Apple for almost the same price.

The 500gig HD & 8gig of ram are nice...but a 2.53ghz core 2 duo cpu is on the older side (compared to newer hardware) & expensive side when your talking $1200 bucks.

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
I figured he was asking too much. I wasn't going to pay him $1200 I was going to offer him less I just didn't know what to offer. I was looking at that Mac on apples site. Maybe I will hold off for a refurbished one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.