Please Help!

Reaction score
Hello, My Macbook Pro is having serious issues. It is late 2011, runs Lion, 13" 2.8 ghz, and when I run Google Chrome, I get a measly 2 hours of battery life out of it.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp15inch, 2.2 ghz quad core, 512 mb video ram, 4gb ram/ Imac 21inch 2010
What else do you have open? Are you running a lot of extensions on google chrome? another possibility is are you watching Netflix or some other movie client server?

and i also have the llate 2011 so, if you watch a lot of flash video your battery life isn't great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Some people have noticed a major battery decrease with Lion. But 2 hours on a brand new MacBook is not normal at all. Bring it into your nearest Apple store, they should fix it right up for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
See, the really weird problem is the following. First, I don't have any extensions running on Chrome, and I have no other applications open. I am simply on Google Docs or maybe Gmail. Also, I brought the laptop into the Apple Store this morning, and they said it was perfectly fine and was holding a charge normally.

D:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
See, the really weird problem is the following. First, I don't have any extensions running on Chrome, and I have no other applications open. I am simply on Google Docs or maybe Gmail. Also, I brought the laptop into the Apple Store this morning, and they said it was perfectly fine and was holding a charge normally.

D:

That's very strange. 2 hours of battery life is abysmal. They should have ran a full test to see how long it took for the battery to run out into sleep mode.

Almost makes me wonder if this whole Lion - Battery Life issue is more prominent that I originally thought. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The first thing to do is work out what's causing the drain.
From the first post I'd suggest the Chrome is at fault.

But to be sure. Fully quit Chrome. With a fully charged battery go about your normal business but use Safari instead of Chrome. Don't even start Chrome.
Do you have the same battery issues?

Oh.... Welcome to the forums btw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.