New to Mac, best way to move files

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am very new to the world of mac (2 days in !!) and i have a question for you.

I have an mp3 file in my downloads folder which i have added to to iTunes via drag and drop from folder directly onto iTunes pane. The file shows fine in iTunes but on my finder file structure i have a music note icon with garage band and iTunes folder in and also another music folder icon. The file is in the folder with the normal icon but not in the music note folder, is this something todo with the way i set iTunes up? Is there a way to tidy it up to just have one music folder? By the way i moved my music from a windows PC via an external hard drive. Just for info heres the file tree for where it is stored,seems a bit convoluted to me- /Users/mifty12/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Rebecca Ferguson/Heaven.

I hope you can get the idea of what i am asking, which hopefully makes some sort of sense and look forward to receiving some help.

Justin.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have now changed the view in finder to more of a detail /list view rather than a folder view and i can see the file in both sets of music folders, does this mean i have duplicates of everything in these folders???

Thanks Again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.