Macbook only outputting Black and White to projector - Help!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some advice please! I have a Macbook that is about 3/4 years old. I primarily use it in my bedroom as it is hooked up to a projector. The connector I use looks like this I beleive its called the M9319G. I use an svideo cable as thats all my crappy projector supports.

So it has been working fine for years but lately it started to give trouble and would switch to black and white. generally fiddling with the adaptor able would bring it back to colour. Sometimes I'd have to curl it around the drawer it is sitting on. However after a few weeks it gave up and I cannot get any colour out of it. As the adaptor hangs down at an angle from the mac which is on the side of the drawer it is sitting on. So, I got a new one, but unfortunately the exact same problem! So if its not the adaptor, what could it be?

I have ordered a new s-video cable just in case but I doubt its that. Has anyone else had this problem before? Any suggestions of what to try to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's not the adapter that has gone bad (since you purchased a new one) then it almost has to be the connector on your MacBook. Not much you can do to repair it, however, since that would mean replacing the entire logic board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.