Don't worry iOS, I guess I didn't really want to answer that call

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Apparently iOS now chooses which calls you answer and which calls you don't. Whilst blocked number was calling me I tried sliding the green bar accross but every time I got to the other side and let go it would just slide back.

Now, either Apple now think people should not be answering calls from blocked numbers or this is a bug.

Anyone else had this issue?

Running iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not seen that behaviour. Can you replicate it? or was it a one-off?

If you can replicate it does it still happen after a reboot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I have seen the slider work how you described, but it was my own finger that was weird. I changed the finger I used and it worked fine. Temp and dampness of the skin plays a slight role.

As to blocked numbers - there is no app that is 100% effective and it isnt the OS that mandates blocks. The carrier is the one. you may want to have a talk with them about it.

Reaction score
I've had it before that I tried to slide but it was like the screen was frozen. Fix for me is to press the lock key at the top which will just mute the ringer and turn off the screen. Then hit it again and try to unlock/swipe now. This has happened to me twice in about 14 months of using my iPhone 4

Reaction score
This happens with my iphone 4 once and a while as well. i do simiular to what dekan does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You're holding it wrong.

Come on. It had to be said! ;P

Weisenheimer D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Happens to me daily on my iPhone 4s. It's not how I hold or slide it. It just won't slide to the very end. My only fix was to lock and unlock again. This poses a problem if you have an incoming call cause you will ignore the call once you press the lock button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Never had the issue, but I will have to ask about it at work... Everyone in the office uses an iPhone, so it may have popped up for some of them.

Reaction score
Happens to me too! Its a pain. Only resolution for is to hang up on them and ring them back

Chris

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Interesting - I hadn't seen this thread previously - but it also happened to me once - but I just assumed I was fat fingering (or thumbing) the slider inadvertently. There are little quirky annoyances with the phone from time to time. I'd probably see more but everyone still calls my blackberry. I'd probably be annoyed more but considering the POC that is my bberry - the iPhone has been awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've only had this happen when my hands were cold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I just randomly started reading this post, but all it did, was to highlight what i SIMPLY HATE about forums (not just this one, all of them !), the person who started the post just simply disappears into Thin Air, never to be heard of again !!!!

Why do people do that ???? :Angry-Tongue:

It really does annoy me :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.