CD ejecting problems

Reaction score
The CD itself ejects fine, but for some reason I now have two CDs as permanent fixtures in Finder windows:

window.png

There's no actual CD in my MacBook Pro, I can't select either one of the supposed CDs, and restarting doesn't help - they're still there.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Highlight them and hit the delete key, or drag tham to the trash, they are burn images.

OP
K
Reaction score
<i>Highlight them and hit the delete key, or drag tham to the trash, they are burn images. </i>

That's just it, though - I can't highlight them. When I click on either one, it switches back to me hard drive in less than a second. I can't select either one of them.

OP
K
Reaction score
Highlight them and hit the delete key, or drag tham to the trash, they are burn images.

That's just it, though - I can't highlight them. When I click on either one, it switches back to me hard drive in less than a second. I can't select either one of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like another sick slot loading optical drive. Do they appear in Disk Utility?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

I'm not sure of your network situation...but depending on how you are connected to the internet...unplug any ethernet cables & turn off Airport. Then reboot your computer...and see if those two "phantom" CD's remain.

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
I'm not sure of your network situation...but depending on how you are connected to the internet...unplug any ethernet cables & turn off Airport. Then reboot your computer...and see if those two "phantom" CD's remain.

- Nick

I just tried this - they're still there on reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.