Macbook Pro running very slow and freezes

Reaction score
Macbook is 1 year old...running very slow today and freezes...it does this in spurts..1 day will be horrible..next 5 will be fine ect

firefox use to make it worse so i got google chrome..now google chrome makes it worse and i have to use firefox...when i open mail it freezes for about 10 min

just took me 12 min to post this. What can i do..honestly i am ready to completely restore it to brand new....what can i do to help

Also..about 2 weeks ago the computer got stuck at the grey screen with the wheel spinning..had to re install the OS to use it

Programs also opening slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen
Do you use any programs like Onyx or Maintenance to clean up the cache etc? I'm not sure if that would help but anything seems worth a shot! Best of luck!

OP
P
Reaction score
Do you use any programs like Onyx or Maintenance to clean up the cache etc? I'm not sure if that would help but anything seems worth a shot! Best of luck!

No i don't. But i have been reading up on a few and some seem iffy..as if you can press the wrong thing and really mess up the comp

Is onyx good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Onyx is great for OS system maintenance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air, 1.7GHz i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD; iPhone 4s; iPod Classic 6th Gen
Is onyx good?

Onyx is very simple and I have heard nothing but good things. I use it every now and again and have had no problems. It does suggest to back up before you do anything but you should be doing that anyways:)

Just try it out and let us know how it went.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
On a computer that new i would suggest in particular using the option to rebuild the finder index. That will make things have a more updated place on the HD and when you make a request to open an program it will know where to find it faster. That option is under the "Maintenance" tab FYI.

OP
P
Reaction score
Found issue. Hard drive failed. Got sent out for service. Now no laptop for 2-3 weeks....sucks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.