Question about pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz core 2 duo processor, 4GB memory.
Hello everyone. I am new to the board and this is my first post. My question is about using pages. I am trying to convert my resume into a plain text format. I typed up a version using text editor. It has been saved as an rtf file. Is this sufficient, or is there another way to open the doc I wrote with pages and have that converted to a plain text file? Thanks for the advice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pages can save to various formats. You can choose rtf, txt, or even doc, docx. However, if you're satisfied with the resumé that you did with TextEdit, that should be OK.

However, if you're planning on sending your resumé out to prospective employers, you might consider saving it to docx (MS Word) as that is pretty much the standard in the business world.

Reaction score
TextEdit will do it for you, open the rtf file you saved in textEdit and under the Format menu click on Make Plain Text and save again.

Reaction score
Resume formats...

I'd just like to echo the comments by "chscaq". I recently had my resume professionally rewritten and what I learnt was quite interesting. If you're applying for jobs with larger corporations many of them will run each submitted resume through an application that filters them by keywords. If the desired keywords are not found the resume is automatically rejected and is never viewed by an actual person. Furthermore, I was informed that these applications only accept Microsoft Word documents or PDF's. All other are rejected.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz core 2 duo processor, 4GB memory.
Thanks for the replies. Found what I was looking for. I also found that if I go to file,export, I can change it into a pdf, plain text or word doc. I was told that plain text was also good for submitting initial resumes because of the scanning programs companies use now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.