Problem connecting macbook pro osx 10.5.8 to an external monitor

Reaction score
Hi

I am having a problem connecting an Ben Q G2750 to my Macbook Pro. I have connected the monitor to the laptop via a dvi/d to the minidisplay on the mac. I go into displays to 'detect displays' and nothing is showing when clicked. When i turn the monitor off and on i can quickly select whether i am using the dvi/d or the D/Sub. I obviously select DVI/d and the monitor shows No Input Signal and it just goes into standby. (The manual is absolute crap so i don't know whether there is a menu or what put i have pressed a menu button at the side and nothing happens.)

Other info. If i disconnect the minidisplay while both are plugged in the display on the macbook goes onto a blue screen for 1 sec then back to normal.

Also i have set my display on the macbook at every setting just to see if it will link and nothing. I have emailed ben Q but i was just seeing if i can get any help tonight.

Thanks people

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Read our Sticky Post at the top of this forum which talks about hooking your Mac to a TV or external monitor. It's a long post but contains very good information which should help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.