Landlord here looking for help

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to see if there are any relatively cheap "Property Management" or Landlord/Building management programs out there. I have done some homework but keep getting pushed to the online ones that either aren't what I'm looking for or are way too expensive. Seems to be limited by Windows only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It must be late. When I first saw this, I coulda swore you were looking for help in evicting someone. LOL!

I tried a search, and this seems to be one of those really obscure things that no one has developed for the Mac yet. What exactly do you need your software to do?

Reaction score
The only thing I've seen is a Filemaker solution. From what I saw of it , it was pretty good, although it needs to be edited to fit your needs.
Don't know what your budget is but that might be the way to go.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. What's Filemaker? I'm new to Mac, so bare with me. I'm actually not focused on the financial side very much, as I have a bookkeeper. I'm looking for a database I guess where i can see all of my leases, notes on tenants, work orders, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Filemaker is a database program. but its fairly easy to use for a database.

If you are after something a bit more friendly then have a look at Bento from Filemaker. Its more basic but also more friendly, as in any database, what you want is usually quite specific to your business, but Bento is the easiest to use database out there

Mac Software for Personal File Organisation – Bento | FileMaker (United Kingdom)

OP
A
Reaction score
Cool. So, for my business, do you think either would be ok for me? Not to complicated? I'm computer savvy, but still learning all things Mac. Bento seems more geared towards personal usage and Filemaker for Small Business, but i could be wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Agreed with the recommendations on using a database app. A ready-made solution tailored for your specific needs would be handy, but so long as you aren't completely intimidated by computer software, then setting up a more generic database program shouldn't prove too difficult.

I found a thread in the forums for Filemaker from a few days ago where a real estate agent was asking about using Bento. I suggest reading through there to see what they all have to say.
Bento for real estate agent . Using Bento for Mac . Forum . FileMaker Forums

One BIG advantage to Bento worth mentioning is you can sync to its app on the iPhone/iPad.

BTW… +1 for your name, Count Alucard. :D

EDIT: I just found something else I was wondering if existed. There is a community "template exchange" for Bento where users share templates they have configured for their needs. Chances are very good that someone has a real estate template ready to go for use in Bento.
http://solutions.filemaker.com/database-templates/index_home.jsp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.