Apps on Imac and Ipad2

Reaction score
Brand new convert to Apple here from numerous years of Windows.

I downloaded Angry birds rio on my Imac last night. I thought it would automatically replicate onto my Ipad. But it hasn't, and isnt showing in the store as not downloaded.

Can anybody guide me through what I need to change in settings Etc, or isn't it available on my ipad as well as mac. I see in the Ipad store it is available for the Ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Your Mac and your iPad are completely different. Your Mac runs on OSX, where the iPad is on iOS. You cannot copy and run applications made for OSX on iOS and vice versa.

You will need to open the iTunes app store on the Mac ot ipad and download angry birds for the iPad separately.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Apps (music and photos) on your iOS devices will replicate with iCloud, but as Deckyon said, your Mac is a different thing..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Short answer, yes.

2 different devices, 2 different licenses needed. Only between iPhone and iPad and iPod Touch can the apps be installed on multiple devices, but that is not 100% of the time. Some apps are iPhone/iPod Touch only, some are iPad only, some are universal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So if I have to download again, does that mean I have to purchase it again.

You're not purchasing it 'again' as such, that suggests you're paying for the same thing twice, but that's not the case, they are two distinct things.

Like buying a Dunlop tyre for a motorcycle and one for a car - same manufacturer, same product name, very different fit.

C

chas_m

Yes, it's nothing at all to do with it being two different devices -- it's to do with it being two different operating systems.*

Like when you buy MS Office for Windows and then want MS Office for Mac for Mac -- you have to buy the Mac version separately.

*geek point of order, I know iOS is actually drawn from OS X but for all intents and purposes they are two separate operating systems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.