Printing From iPhoto - Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7/3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.7.2
Having switched from Windows to OSX late last year I’ve more or less learned the Mac way of doing things but one little thing is bugging me when trying to print photographs.
I often want to print the same photo multiple times on a single piece of A4 photo paper. In Windows this was simple, for example to print 4 I just highlighted the photo, select print, set number of copies to 4 and finally select the 9 x 13 cm. (4) page template and print.
For the life of me I can’t work out how to do this in iPhoto. I can print four different photos on one A4 page but not the same photo.
Can anyone help Please!

C

chas_m

I'm using the latest iPhoto and can't find a way to do what you're asking for either. We're probably both missing it, but in the meantime you can download the free Portraits & Prints app from Econ Technologies and just get on with it. Works great with the iPhoto Library, and lots (and lots and lots) more options for printing, including the ability to create and save templates.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your reply. I'm guessing that with over 400 views to this post and no replies this can't be done from iPhoto or OSX. This simple but useful feature is built into Windows so thats the first Plus Point to Windows I've found since switching to the Mac platform three months ago :)
Anyway, thanks for pointing me to Portraits and Prints. It does exactly what I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
My wife was going to print in the same manner and we had problems finding the correct settings. In the end I tried with Aperture and got it to work there. Google around for an Aperture trial and you may be able to print it. Not a long term solution because it means to shell out some cash but it would work in this instance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
After much trial and error, gnashing of teeth, hair pulling, I managed to find how to do this:

Open iphoto
>Select photo(s)
>File
>Print + options box appears (screen shot A)
1) Select standard layout
2) In 'Print size' box, choose print size ie 4x6, 3x5 etc
3) Customise
New screen appears with one photo on page (screen shot B)

> Go to options bar at bottom of screen
> Select settings (far right)
> Open 'photos per page' drop down menu where you can choose from one photo per page, several photos per page or SAME photo per page (screen shot C)

A
screenshot20120113at203.png
[/URL]

B
screenshot20120113at202.png
[/URL][/IMG]

C
[
screenshot20120113at195.png
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You clever old thing! I too spent ages trying to sus out how to do it (not wanting to believe Apple would omit such a useful thing) but I had given up thinking it wasn't possible.

Hey, I thought it was easier to do things on a Macs compared to windows (Just joking :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Not too much of the old, thankyou (too close to the truth)!!!!

In replying, I have learnt how to do a screen shot so i'm very pleased as well!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.