Blurry text and too large windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 Mac OS X v.10.6.8
I am using OSX on my mac and my little one hit something on the keyboard and the text is now slightly blurry and the windows are now too big for the screen, including the desktop screen so I have to point the cursor at the edge of the screen to see the desktop, i.e. the menu bar and the finder bar at the top. I am quite new to the macs so any suggestions of what to do would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like you're zoomed in.

You can go to System Preferences - Keyboard and Mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts
And unchecked the zoom option

or

Option & Command & + to zoom in
Option & Command & - to zoom out

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 Mac OS X v.10.6.8
Thanks for your reply. I don't think I've zoomed in as it's not the text that's too big, it's the windows which I know I can resize but I don't know how to do it to the desktop screen with the menu bar at the top. I've checked the resolution too. The text also seems slightly out of focus. Any other ideas?

I've got a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 Mac OS X v10.6.8.

CKF

Reaction score
I had the same problem, and my sister found the answer (because I could barely use my laptop). I sent this solution to Bexter78, the original poster of this thread, and it solved their problem too.

Solution:
Hold down the Option (alt) key along with the Command and "minus sign" key (the key to the right of the 0 key at the top).

Simple answer, but it was like finding a needle in a haystack when I tried searching for "blurry screen."

Reaction score
Having exactly the same problem

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem but I'm not sure which is the Option button? I've tried various combinations of buttons but I can't find one that does anything. Please help - my macbook is basically unusable at the moment the text is so blurry :(

CKF

Reaction score
Hi Katheryn,
Sorry to hear you're having this problem. On my MacBook Pro, the option key is the one to the left of the left-side command key (or the one just to the right of the right-side command key). On my option key, it says "option" at the bottom and then smaller at the top it says "alt." Let me know if this helps and your problem gets solved.
C

Reaction score
blurry text & too large windows

O:) CKF, you and your sisters are lifesavers! I was pulling my hair out until i found your answer. Thank you!!

C

chas_m

I have to note that according to the later posts, MrPlow had the correct answer from the get-go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.