Keyboard for Power Mac G5

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to MacForum, so thank you for your time.

I need a new keyboard for my PowerMac G5. It does have bluetooth capibility, but is there a wireless keyboard that works with this? I am using OSX 10.4.11, which I believe is the highest it can go on this machine.

Please advise and if wireless or wired, suggest best place to buy.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1: 3.2Ghz octo
On a PowerMac G5 you can go as high as OSX 10.5.8 leopard os wise. as for the keyboard, any apple wireless keyboard should work or even a cheap USB wireless keyboard. I personally like wired because you don't need to worry about batteries, but wireless is still very good. if you are looking where to buy one I would say ebay is definitely where I would look first, you can also try any retail store like Wal-Mart if your ok with a generic one.

hope this helps,

-Eddie

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have been using a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries. I can usually go several weeks between charges.if I notice that the batteries are low I put them on the charger overnight and they are good to go the next day. I keep a set of regular batteries in case I forget to charge them.

I also keep a cheap/old wired keyboard around for troubleshooting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.