Safari 5.1.2 Bug?

Reaction score
Has one one else found recently that Safari occasionally won't let you quit (well, sort of)? Just a moment ago, the small "x" that appears to close a tab disappeared and "Quit Safari" was blanked out under Safari on the menu bar. This has also happened a couple of times before if I remember rightly. I recently re-upgraded to Lion again, but it also happened when I was running Snow Leopard.

It's not that big of a problem, as simply relaunching Safari from the dock has apparently fixed it, I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Is it possible Safari was running something in the background? Have never noticed the problem using same version. Then again never use the red button, always Quit.

OP
C
Reaction score
I didn't notice it doing anything else. I was only on Facebook at the time I think. I'll try and pay more attention if it happens again.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've never seen that but I've certainly observed plenty of other minor annoyances with the latest version of Safari...

Reaction score
I have this problem with Safari 5.1.2: I'm running Lion. Safari worked fine for a couple of months, then starting the other day I no longer have the Page Back and Forward arrows, nor the URL field nor anything all above the Bookmark Bar and only the webpage I'm visiting below. I can't copy/paste a url, or can't go back a page, which are two basic browser functions I like to use.

I can't figure out if Safari Preferences holds the answer. I'll call Apple if I must, I was just hoping someone here knows how to fix this and can help me.

Thanx!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm replying to my own post. With the help of another member's post I figured out how to fix my problem: in Safari, go to the View Menu, click Show Bookmarks Bar. Somehow that selection went from "Show" to "Hide".

Thanx, webmasters for this site!!! You all rock!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.