Mount linux server on OSX 10.5

Reaction score
I have tried a number of options for mounting my web server on my Mac so I can manually drag and drop files link I would do from my Ubuntu box but so far I have had very little luck. I have tried the connect to server option form the finder menu and also installed a few programms that say they can do this but they can not.

So anybody with a suggestion that works?

Literally all I want to do is be able to quickly add and get files from my web server.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Does the Linux server have Samba running? If so, you can use the "smb://<linux-server-ip-or-name>/<directory>" in the "Connect to Server" dialog to connect to the machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
nfs mount is an option as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's also SSH (and using something like Cyberduck to connect over Sftp). Do you have SSH access to the box? If so, Sftp might be the easiest since it doesn't require any additional setup.

OP
F
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies guys.

No I do not have Samba running but this could be a option.

nfs just hangs, SSH is the best way for me to connect as this is how I do it on my Linux box but using Cyber duck it connects, hangs for a few minutes then disconnects.

I just upgraded to Cyberduck 2 and I am getting connected but it times out every few minutes :(

Any advice on how to get a more stable connection?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What kind of network setup do you have? Is it nice and simple (you're both behind the same router) or something more elaborate?

I'm surprised CD is hanging - it's been rock solid the bit I've used it. You could also try FileZilla.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.