Samsung printer double-sided

Reaction score
Hi

I'm running a few Samsung printers on a few different Macs with OX 10.7 Lion.

In every case the option for manual two-sided printing (duplex) is greyed out (grayed out) and cannot be selected.

At the same time, using a PC, I can select and use two-sided printing.

Nothing useful on the Samsung website that I can find.

Can anyone help?

MIke

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Two sided or duplex printing is a function of the driver supplied by the printer manufacturer. Samsung drivers for Windows provide for duplex printing. The best I can suggest is go to the Samsung site and download the latest Lion drivers for your printer.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that, but no joy.
I just wondered if I was missing something or if anyone had had similar experiences.

Thanks

Reaction score
Same problem here

Hi

I'm running a few Samsung printers on a few different Macs with OX 10.7 Lion.

In every case the option for manual two-sided printing (duplex) is greyed out (grayed out) and cannot be selected.

At the same time, using a PC, I can select and use two-sided printing.

Nothing useful on the Samsung website that I can find.

Can anyone help?

MIke

I have the same problem with my Samsung ML 1860 laser printer, running OS X Lion. Though I'm not sure when exactly it started to become greyed out as I only bought my printer lately. Perhaps new issue with Lion? Incompatibility? But I can't seem to use the two-sided printing function with my other HP inkjet printer either, I'm sure it is possible manually.

You're right, nothing useful on Samsung. In fact the driver for my printer says support for Mac OS 10.7.

Anyone have better ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
From what I've gleaned in other forums this seems to have been an issue going back into Leopard and Snow Leopard!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem is with the Samsung drivers for OS X not the printers themselves. HP, Canon, and Epson work great for duplex printing on those models that include it. Better driver support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.