two computers one keyboard&mouse?

• Thread starter supremeoverlord
  • Start date
S

supremeoverlord

Hey, I myself am not a switcher but I recently convinced my Dad to get a mac mini and now my brother is going to be getting an ibook. My brother will also be getting a Dell laptop from work in January and my question is for him. If he buys a bluetooth keyboard and mouse could he have it set up to work with both the ibook and the Dell? Not at the same time of course, nut would there be any issues here and how would he aviod controlling both computers at the same time while still having access to the keyboard with both seperately?
Well two switches on my account, so I am just waiting for my check from Apple... They do give you money for converting people right?

OP
S

sursuciofla

Just make sure bluetooth is turned off of whichever computer you are not using. Just make it a habit to have bluetooth turned off. Mine is turned off right now and since it still uses resources when turned on I turn it off to conserve battery for one.

OP
S

supremeoverlord

Thanks, now he shouldn't have to use those stupid bluetooth dongles that come with the wireless mice and keyboards right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
If both computers have built in bluetooth, no he will not have to use those stupid dongles ;) :)

Reaction score
actually, if you can network the two laptops (which i imagine isnt a problem, since i can network my pc desktop and powerbook) then you can install some special software on both your windows dell and ibook that will let you use the same keyboard and mouse on both of them, the mouse would be able to span both screens like if you have two monitors on a computer, see my post in this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=163952&postcount=10

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.