PDF Print Driver

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I have done a ton of research and I am pretty sure I am SOL but I wanted to ask you guys before I 'throw in the towel.'

I recently purchased a MACbook Pro, and I am trying to switch over from my PC. I have not been able to find a PDF print driver. I understand that I can save as PDF, and print to a PDF etc etc but what I am trying to do is this...

Within Acrobat X PRO, I would like to open up a pdf that has 50 pages (i don't need all of them), fill in the ones that I need (lets say; pages 1, 4, 6, & 9) and print those pages to a pdf, thus creating a new pdf package with pages; 1,4,6 & 9 ... and nothing else..

Is that possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Using Preview, or Acrobat?

In Preview there is "Selected page in Sidebar" option. I haven't played with it much though, because I generally use Adobe's software for PDF creation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'll have to get on a machine that has Acrobat installed. Right now, this one doesn't (still new, and I guess I missed that on my CS 5 install the other night)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When you print a document from other programs such as word processors does the printer driver allow you to enter a range of pages that are not continuous? If so it should work that way of you go to the print dialog and choose pt print a PDF and give a range of pages.

This may be printer driver dependent though because my Canon won't do it. If the printer will the usual convention is that a range of continuous pages is separated by a dash while non continuous ones are separated by a comma.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't normally follow my posts with another one but here is an idea that should work till a better solution is found. The steps are for Preview but it may work with other programs. It's a bit long to post as an edit.

1. Launch Preview and make sure that it is set to show the sidebar when a document opens.

2. Open the pdf that you want to work with and rename it if you are worried about saving over existing content.

3. In the sidebar select the pages that you don't want to print and delete them (select a page in the sidebar and hit Delete). Preview allows selection of several pages at once.

Save the document and print as usual. Kind of a pain but should work as a temporary fix.

Reaction score
I don't normally follow my posts with another one but here is an idea that should work till a better solution is found. The steps are for Preview but it may work with other programs. It's a bit long to post as an edit.

1. Launch Preview and make sure that it is set to show the sidebar when a document opens.

2. Open the pdf that you want to work with and rename it if you are worried about saving over existing content.

3. In the sidebar select the pages that you don't want to print and delete them (select a page in the sidebar and hit Delete). Preview allows selection of several pages at once.

Save the document and print as usual. Kind of a pain but should work as a temporary fix.

You don't have to delete the pages you dont want, Select the pages you do want then in the print dialog select the option under Pages "Selected Pages in Sidebar".

Screen Shot 2012-01-09 at 6.27.57 AM.png

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice catch. How did I miss that? I wonder if that option only appears with pages selected in the sidebar? If that's not it then the option might be printer driver dependent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.