Thinking of Buying an iPAD

Reaction score
I'm a newbie and don't know much about them. I'm hearing the iPAD3 is coming. Is it worth it to wait and any ideas of the cost of the new one?

C

chas_m

There's nobody here who can answer your questions with any degree of knowledge, but here's a few things I can tell you:

1. It's iPad, not iPAD. It's not an acronym.

2. The first one came out in April 2010, the second one came out in March 2011. While a lot of people expect a new one to come out in roughly the same time frame this year, Apple has not made any official announcements (or even hints) and are NOT bound to any sort of schedule. The iPhone "normally" comes out in mid-summer only this year it didn't, you see what I mean?

I and a lot of other people would be surprised if one doesn't come out in the spring. But that's just because of the history. No idea what the cost would be, I can only tell you that the cost did not change between version 1 and version 2.

As for the device itself, it's a true marvel of the age IMHO. Like the iPhone, I'm just astounded every time I use it that so much computing power has been packed into such a great package. I never thought I would see the day when such devices make notebooks look bulky and complicated, but there we are (not that an iPad is quite a replacement for a notebook, mind).

I really love mine (the original model) and our friends really love theirs (the iPad 2). If you're not a bleeding-edge user you can find good deals on refurbished or new iPad 2s right now, and enjoy using them right away. Then if the iPad 3 comes along and it's really that much more awesome, you should be able to sell your 2 for not much less than you paid for it. Or you might want to continue to enjoy it and wait for the iPad 4. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Nobody really knows for sure when the iPad 3 will be ready and i am probably right in stating that most people on here will not know what the main differences are between the iPad 2 and 3 beyond that which can be Googled...so

if you want one badly enough, buy it now. Then when the iPad 3 comes out, if you still think it is great, sell the iPad 2 and buy the iPad 3.

Cost: not sure, but no less than the iPad 2 so use that as a gauge.

good luck, J
J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
If you always wait on the next version of something, you will never own it.

Speculation and rumor are all that are for sure when it comes to stats and release date for apple products until you hear it directly from apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.