PC Won't print to Airport USB Printer

Reaction score
I have a HP DeskJet 5150 connected to my Airport Extreme via USB. My PC could print to it fine before, but over the weekend I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows, and now it won't print.

I've gone through all the necessary steps, loaded latest drivers, and I've downloaded and installed Bonjour for Windows (XP) and gone through the Printer wizard. My PC can see and add the printer just fine, but all print jobs sent to it fail to print.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with the port. The printer wizard initially sets the port as 9100, but further investigation on the web showed that it should be set as 9101. So I manually set up a TCP/IP port for the printer, going to the Airport (10.0.1.1) port 9101. Still no luck.

The instructions at the Bonjour for Windows page (Bonjour Print Services for Windows) talk about port 5353. I'm not sure if that plays into this at all. I don't have a personal firewall blocking that port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.